- Benign course will be seen in eighty-percent of patients
- There is no known progression in children from indolent systemic to progressive, more aggressive
- In a presentation by Dr. Melody Carter of the NIH/NIAID to TMS in 2006, she reported that all patients
with systemic disease initially presented with systemic disease, and did not progress from cutaneous
- 15-30% of pediatric mastocytosis cases persist into adulthood.
- Children with extensive bullous lesions appear to be at increased risk of shock or sudden death from